Robust speech recognition
Cursive script recognition
Voice enabled information access systems
Indian language speech database
Dr. Samudravijaya K
List of Publications
- Ph.D (1986), Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai
- M.Sc.(1979), Mysore University.
- B.Sc.(1977), Mysore University.
- Prof. Rais Ahmed Memorial Lecture Award, 2008.
- Sir C V Raman Award, Acoustic Society of India, 2003.
- Indian Phonetic Society Lecture Award, 2002.
- UNDP Fellowship for research at CMU, Pittsburgh (1988)
- Best Ph.D. Thesis Award during the year 1986, Awarded at the DAE Nuclear and Condensed Matter Physics Symposium, Bombay, 1986.
- 1987 - : Scientific Officer, TIFR, Mumbai, India.
- 1995 - 1997: Project leader, Speaker verification lab, Aum Systems Inc., New Brunswick, NJ.
- 1988 - 1989: Visiting Scientist, Department of Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh.
- Speech-based Access for Agricultural Commodity Prices and Weather Information in 12 Indian Languages/Dialects (DEIT) 2014-2016.
- Speech-based Access for Agricultural Commodity Prices in Six Indian Languages (DIT) 2010-2012.
- Speaker authentication system (part of e-commerce project) (DIT) 2000-2002.
- Hindi speech recognition system in the context of a railway reservation enquiry task (DoE / UNDP) 1988-1993.
- Statistical Pattern Recognition
- Speech Technology
- Multimedia Computing
- Artificial Intelligence
Tutorials List of Publications Images
Mail: School of Technology and Computer Science,
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, 1 Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba, Mumbai-400005,
Email : samudravijaya _AT_ gmail .com or chief_AT_tifr.res.in Telephone : 91-22-22782322;